Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Freedom is good......

I'll be the first to admit that there is plenty wrong with this country, and with the way we do things, but we also have freedoms that others can only dream of.

Now don't worry, this isn't going to be some rambling diatribe about whether or not we should be fighting the war we are, or all the things wrong in other countries, I just thought that on this, the anniversary of the treason that made us free, I'd give a nod to our founding fathers:



They were fed up with being treated like shit, and they did something about it. I'm sure they had no idea how convoluted their document would become, nor how many people would use it as a shield to commit unspeakable acts. In their defense, at the beginning, they had no idea that the government they'd established would last so long.

Now, granted in the universal timeline, 200+ years is nothing, but if they hadn't stood up and given England the bird, where would we be?

Anyhow, just thought I'd share that.

I was going to close with some profound quote from one of the boys, but can't find one I like.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: