Sunday, July 29, 2007

When did poker becore a sport?

I mean fucking really.

It seems like any given day, while flipping through the channels trying to find something to watch, depending on the time, I can usually find 2 or 3 'World Poker Championship' matches.

In fact, ESPN 2 often runs them.

That's what kills me. News flash people: Cardgames are not a fucking sport. Not by a long bight. Hell, in most states, gambling, even in your own home, is illegal.

Even the ones brought to you live from Vegas are a waste of wavelengths. You've got 5 slothful chunks of human flesh ranged around a table playing cards. Where's the sport? Most of them prolly can't make it to the fridge without getting out of breath, let alone sustain any moderate level of physical activity.

And another thing: If they're so 'good' at playing, why do all of them wear fucking sunglasses during the game? If you're such a good player, you should have a real poker face, not one made passable by wearing your shades inside while playing a fucking card came.

I've had enough of it. I mean, what's next? The world Yachtzee tour? The rocking chair olympics?

C'mon people, let's send a message. They'll only air this crap as long as people watch it.

Well, in theory. I mean, all those piece of shit reality shows are still on.

But then, I guess people are still watching them. God knows why.

I'll leave you with this question:
Is this what we've been reduced to?

Siesta con agua,

T.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Well, at least it was for a good cause. Right?

But, yeah. I agree with you about the poker thing. I feel the same way about Pool. I mean, I like the game as much as the next guy, but, seriously, can we really qualify that as a sport?

By the way, I am toggling between Typepad and Blogger at the moment. Sigh. (kats-haven.blogspot.com)

T.J. said...

Somehow I lost the email with the addy for your other site....What is it again?

T.

Beth said...

wordpress? katshaven.wordpress.com
OR kats-haven.blogspot.com