Thursday, July 05, 2007

I'll bet you were all expecting fireworks pictures.....

Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I was working last night. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I got my break at 9, and I could eaisly have gone downstairs and had a perfect view of the festivities. It's just not the same without a beer in one hand, and a charred to the point of blackend hotdog (my fave) in the other.

Besides, the 'show' lasted approximately 15 minutes.

That's right, 15 minutes.

Pretty lame for the state capital, no? According to Pops (who did attend) it was even worse than last year, which would not be easy to do. I'm not sure how much they spend on fireworks for Carson, but it's not enough.

The real shows in the area happen in Reno, 30 miles away, and Tahoe (about the same). I went to the Reno show once back in the day (was still in high school), and I seem to remember it being pretty cool. Course that was 20 plus years ago, and there's been a lot of beer between then and now.

In a shameless attemt to solicit comments, I will now ask you all how your 4th was. Please leave a note and tell me what you did.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: