Tuesday, September 07, 2004

How do you say good bye?

I've had it.

Straight up fucking had it.

It's been going on for some time now, and I'm sure you've experienced it. Someone, usually someone you've wanted gone for a while finally decides to leave. They gather their shit, make their way to the door, and say farewell.

Except that they don't. They think it's cool, or cute, or cutting edge to toss out some foreign phrase, or some butchered one, at the end of the visit.

Chow.

Adios.

Sayonara.

It would be one thing if I lived a wildly exotic life, and hung out with international people, but these folks is all 'merican. I don't know why I finally got fed up with it, but It's really pissing me off lately.

I'm getting my revenge tho. It's taken a couple tries, but I've come up with my own good bye phrase.

Now when someone tosses some quasi-foreign phrase at me, I respond thusly:

  • I put on the most vapid, brain-dead expression I can muster.

  • I use my best screwing-in-the-lightbublb wave (courtesy of Miss America).

  • I say "Buenos con queso", which near as I can figure (took German, not Spanish) means good with cheese.


See, I'm of the opinion that most things are better with cheese, even bad goodbyes.

So, there you have it. That's how I say goodbye. How do you do it?

Buenos con queso,

T.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't

can't do it - hardly ever
a
see you
you might get out of me
but - goodbye -
really means a permanant thing

and i am coming home the end of the week - stay out of trouble

Kelwhy said...

In the immortal words of the Terminator: Hasta la vista baby.

But really, I like to say goodbye with a good hard, deep, wet kiss...full of tongue and hands all over the body...but that's just me...i'm passionate like that.

xxxXXXXXxxxoxoxoxo

Sandra Vahtel said...

I say goodbye a variety of ways:

hug
handshake
kiss
wave
"see ya"
"bye-bye"
"adios" (sorry)
high five
slap on the butt
the list goes on and on.

Thanks for the link, dude. You're awesome.

T.J. said...

Well, Bear how do you say see you later then?

Kel, come see me so you can say goodbye.....

Suse, no worries girl. I saw mine on your site too. one of the reasons I actually got off my ass and made a list.

T.

T.J. said...

This is kinda pissing me off.

I can't post.

grr...nice long one too.

Sigh.

Beth said...

Ciao -only on blogs- :p
See ya or see ya later (such a fine line) :p
bubye
Bye
Take care

That's me.

Ciao! ;) *blows kisses & waves*