Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's kinda like my Superbowl.....

Except for the fact that I watch the actual Superbowl.

Say what you will about American Idol, I only know this:

As a people watcher/student of humanity, there's nothing better.

I don't watch the actual competition, mind you. I've never seen a single episode of that, but I watch the tryouts without fail.

This year has already given us some classics.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, but then the vague references I make should be enough.

Let's start with this:

There was a girl, I don't remember her name. Or her story. It was one they did a 'mini-bio' on tho. She seemed to have potential, but then she started singing.

I swear, it sounded like she stubbed her tounge. I've hear bandsaws with more musical talent.

Now, the first night, I was a little distracted, so I didn't get to watch all of the performances of all the hopefuls, but I did see the psycho chick.

You know who I mean. The one with the glitter glue on her eyelids. The one who totally went off on Simon, when he was the only one who didn't actually say anything mean to/about her.

At first, I thought she was doing it on purpose. She wanted the attention, and she was going to take it. As her segment progressed, I came to the following conclusion:

You can't fake that kind of crazy.

Someone get this bitch to a padded room.

Stat.

She's a danger to herself, and anyone around her.

Of course, there was some talent. There always is.

And there were freaks too. The freaks always seem to outweigh the talent by a considerable margin, however.

Last night was just as good, if not better. Now, granted, we didn't have anyone going off on Simon like he was the Anti-Christ (jury is still out btw), but we did certainly have our quota of freaks.

I'm only going to focus on one tho: The Birdman.

Did any of you watch all the way to the end? That crazy fuck in the white outfit? You know who I mean.....

He was worth the price of admission.

There's a couple more audition shows, and I'll watch them too, but unless there's something of epic proportions, don't expect to hear too much more from me on the subject.

Buenos con queso,

T.

4 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

ha ha ha. glitter girl. At first, I seriously thought, well, she's autistic or something. And then, she just randomly decided she would be an actor and her mom was all, "um, really? Acting, do you think?" and glitter girl was all, "MO-OMM, DUHH, it's MY MUSE" and I was all, "Oh. My. God."

It's crack to me. It really is.

sue said...

I flip back and forth and catch some performances and seriously? The ones I caught... well, let's just say "uninspiring"...

Beth said...

I can't say that I have ever even watched a whole episode if Idol. That's the night that I go do my own wretched singing...

T.J. said...

PSP: I know, right?

Sue: There were a couple good ones so far.

Kat: You should tivo it or something. And don't lie to me, I know you sing like an angel.

Well, an evil angel, but an angel nonetheless.

T.