Thursday, March 26, 2009

And I had such a good post for yesterday, too.

I mean, I really did.

Then a friend showed up, and everything kinda got...well....drunk I guess.

I mean, I almost forgot to post yesterday.

I know, right?

What a tragedy that would have been. Not because I've been particulary insightful lately or anything, but I'd have lamed out on the whole NaBloPoMo thing.

So, anyway, here's the post I was going to give you yesterday.

One of the things that Whiskeymarie sent me in the mail the other day were these:



I don't know if you can read the note or not, but this one says:

'My favorite type of chocolates: Salted Caramels.'

Now, I realized after I'd eaten them that I didn't take a close up, so you'll have to pardon me (did you notice the seven keyboards in the background of that pic) and just have to use your imagination.

I opened these dark chocolate wonders up, and took a bite.

The verdict?

Well, let's just say that I needed a napkin after I was done, and no, not to wipe my mouth.....

I did look at the nutrition information:



Now, it's kinda tough to read, but it clearly states that a serving size is 2 pieces, and that a serving has 7 grams of fat.

Yes, that's right, 3 1/2 grams of fat a piece.

No wonder they're sooooo fucking good.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 25. Will the trash grab the ruler?

7 comments:

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Oooo salted caramels!! Never tried them but they look freaking awesome!

Kelwhy said...

dark salt caramels... OMG - where does one find such heaven??? i'm gonna have to look around here, but have never seen those b4.

what a tease, parading those in front of us like that! ;)

T.J. said...

Andie: In this case, looks are not deceiving.....

Kelwhy: I have no idea where they come from. Well, I know mine came from Minnesota, but...

Oh, and sorry to be a tease, but that's just how we do.

Anonymous said...

Must. Try. Some.

Would you believe that a "serving" of fruit newtons is only 2, also? I think I'd starve to death if I only ate the recommended serving amounts on the back of the packages!

And what's with the keyboards? I noticed them...

T.J. said...

Q: Heh...Newtons. I'm a big fig fan. 'Suggested serving' is like 'recommended dosage' for OTC's.

Oh, and about the keyboards, I'm just that guy now. If somebody has a computer/printer/anypiece of electronic gear they don't know what to do with, it ends up here.

Oh, and add to that the 2 keyboards currently in use for my pc's, the 2 for my macs, and the USB one I have for my PS3.

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm sooo late here, but I'm also soooo glad you liked them!

It's odd how the salt/chocolate/caramel thingy works so well. Love them.

T.J. said...

Late is better than never, even if you have ruined me for other sweets.....