Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Give me a fucking break.....

What a fucking piece of shit yesterday was.

Ebay, in it's infinite wisdom, has determined that in the interest of safety and convenience, that only online payments will be accepted. I'm not sure how safe it is, and for some, it may not even be convenient, but there you have it.

As a seller, you can no longer accept money orders or other forms of payment for goods sold on ebay. It's their game, so their rules, I guess. It really doesn't matter to me. The only real difference for me is that if they pay online, their order gets shipped sooner.

The only problem I found from this choice on their part greeted me when I got to work. I arrived to find that with the exception of one item, every fucking thing we had listed had been removed.

Sadly, the template I've been using to list since I started (and god knows how long they used it before me) contained the line 'we accept money orders, cashier's checks, and personal checks (personal checks will be held 10 days).' Yeah, they ran a search on the payment methods and

*poof*

So, I spent the entire fucking day opening each one up, deleting that sentence, and relisting it.

I can't tell you how much fun it was.


I caught some of Point Break last night. It's been years since I've seen it (even tho i own it). It was on a movie channel, so it wasn't butchered, and that's a good thing. It's a pretty good flick, and I like both Keanu and Gary Busey's characters, but it was running in the background while I surfed, so I wasn't really paying close attention to it.

I did happen to look over during the final airport scene, however, and I was happy to discover that they avoided making one of my biggest pet peeve 'movie fuckups.'

It's a small thing, but it bothers me even more than the 'expensive string of pearls all over the floor' thing, because it happens much more often.

Sometimes it's a comedy, sometimes a drama. Action films? Yeah, seen it there. T.V. shows? You bet. You've seen the scene the protaganist raises the revolver, about to end things once and for all.

*BLAM*

*BLAM*

*BLAM*

And no, it's not the typical 'how many bullets does that gun hold' lament either. No, it has to do with the simple fact that when a revolver is pointed at you (or in this case the camera)




You can see if it's loaded or not. In this case, clearly not. I mean, there may be one round in there, but no more than one. Well, yeah, in lots of things (7 out of 10ish?) you see the empty cylinders, and the the 'hero saves the day' by firing multiple rounds with an unloaded gun.

Go Hollywood.

Now, I can hear all of you saying 'well, they don't want bullets in the gun it's not safe.' Well, that's a bullshit answer, because it would be simplicity itself, especially for a movie studio, to produce 'dummy rounds.' Hell, for 10 bucks (or less) and a trip to my local gun range, I could prolly make 50. Hell, the carpenter on set could prolly make them out of wood for pennies apiece.

I mean, it's not like they have to fire or anything, right?

Anyhow, just thought I'd share.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOTD: 2.A placed weasel smiles in a skull.

5 comments:

Beth said...

Dude. You're weird. It's a movie ffs. Not a reality show--yeah, I know, even those aren't *really* reality.

But whatev. Just get over it tout de suite (toot sweet).

*humps*

T.J. said...

Just because it's a movie, that doesn't mean that they get to be sloppy. When I see it, it takes me out of the movie, because I know it's wrong.

*humps you back*

HoosierHerm said...

Why You Nit-picky bastard !.
LoL
I'm the same way! My main peeve is when I'm watching a good western, and on that beautiful hillside in the distance, there's a modern water tower ! It would be so easy to take that out, but either the editor is too busy screwing around with the action in the foreground,or he's,(she?)isn't very good.

Now, another comment: I found this place last night, where you do a word definition test, and for every correct answer, you donate a grain of rice to some hungry person in the world.
Now one grain of rice doesn't sound like a lot, and the guy who turned me on to the site says he goes there each morning while having coffee and reading the news.
Anyway, much like the Random Word generator yesterday, I ended up donating almost 8000 grains, and was in the 49 percentile of top scorers !

http://www.freerice.com/

Kelwhy said...

i absolutely love that you are such a freak about movies the way you are! :) that is so funny and so great.

ROFL - and now I'm off to go check out freerice.com...

love ya!

T.J. said...

Herm: I donated some....

Kelwhy: Finally, someone gets me.