Monday, March 09, 2009

Give them an inch they'll take a mile

It's snowing as I write this.

Not hardcore snowing or anything, if it was rain, it would prolly be called 'drizzling,' but you get my point.

It's snowing, and I'm not very happy about it.

There hasn't been a ton of stuffs going on lately, and thus the lameness you're seeing here. I have hopes that will change, but who knows?

Did I mention that Michael is coming to stay for the Summer?

Well, if I didn't, he is.

And if I did, well, I have a tendency to repeat myself, so get over it, or just get used to it.

The choice is yours.

Some of you will be receiving mail soon. I'm sad to report that I couldn't send everyone stuff in the mail this week, but, as I'm sure many of you know about now, money's a little tight.

At least I have a job. I know there are many out there that do not.

I do, however, wish I would come into a large enough sum of money that I'd be able to stop doing the 9-5 routine, and try my hand at some less-conventional avenues.

I'd really like to be able to make a living writing.

Or taking pictures.

Or fishing.

If I could get a job fishing, I'd be on top of the world.

And no, I don't mean commercially, like on a big boat, but just Pops and I (and michael if he wanted) cashed out on the bank of a creek/lake somewhere, our lines in the water and beer in the cooler.

I'm not sure I can find anyone to pay me for that, but I've got my ear to the ground. If any of you hear of any openings for 'relaxed fisherman' in your area, please be sure to drop me a line.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 8. The chestnut oils the intercourse.

4 comments:

Kelwhy said...

i was just checking out more of your son's ceramics on your flickr site - he is REALLY talented. I thought the coins were extremely cool - but DAMN! He really needs to keep going on that, his work is beautiful.

HoosierHerm said...

I'm with Kelwhy regarding Micheal's talent.
I'm with you on all the possible Vocations, in fact, I used to figure if I could get a Bass Boat, and a sponsor, I could fish for a living, and also take pictures of the other tournament fishermen, their catches, etc. Plus, how would you like to be a cameraman for "InFisherman", or some other TV show along those lines ?
That would be way cool, because with all the locations they shoot at, you could get out-in-the-Woods, Up-in-the-mountains, and down-in-the-canyons for some excellent Photo tours, then write about it and sell the pic's along with the story.
Another Plus,... with our knowledge of the food and beverage industry, we could do restaurant ratings, and reviews!!
So, It's quite simple Ollie, just get your ass busy and win a lottery!! LoL

T.J. said...

Kelwhy: Funny you should mention that, because when I next send things out (prolly fri or sat) you just might be getting a bowl or something.....

Herm: I know, right?

Kelwhy said...

[keeping my fingers crossed] ;)