Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Allllways got the hammer, Tommy....

So, I've re redicovered a classic.

I mean, I know I talked about it before, but due to an alarming display of my MPV, I now have a copy of Death to Smoochy on my TiVo.

Or my DVR.

Or whatever.

So, I know I kinda talked about it before, but I kinda lamed out, cause it's kinda one of those movies where if you start to talk about it, you can totally ruin it for someone that's never seen it...

Well, again, I only have this advice:

See. This. Movie.

It's got everything. Love, tragedy, humor, action, insanity, fascism, and herion addicts.

Oh, not to mention Ed Norton, Robin Williams, Jon Stewart, Danny DeVito (who directed btw), and Harvey Fierstein (or however you fucking spell it) in a movie that I can't even find the words to explain.

Think 'black comedy,' and not like College Road Trip, but the other kind.

Anyhoo....

This movie has performances from each of the abovenamed celebs (plus as many or more from lesser names) that are on par with no others in thier careers.

Now, it may amaze some of you to hear that I've never seen Good Will Hunting. Well, get over it, because I haven't. Yeah, and fuck the rest of it, but how could I, someone who watched not only Mork and Mindy, but also the Happy Days episode that led up to it....

Yeah, and I've worshipped Robin Williams ever since. So, the only movie where he's won an Oscar...

I mean, really?

Seriously?

How could I have not seen it?

Well, without even seeing that one, I can safely say that he should have won one for his part in the aforementioned movie.

Again: See. This. Movie.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 30. The sheep exercises with a writer!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Robin Williams rocks my face *OFF*.

HoosierHerm said...

Hey, Everyone but T, He turned me onto this movie last year when I was visiting, and it was hilarious, I musta watched it 3 times. I've loved Robin since his old "Stand-up" days when he would occasionally be on one of the cable comedy clubs shows, and the MC's would act like he was some nut-case because they didn't get it!
I couldn't believe it when he toned-down his stuff enough for Prime Time TV, but you've got to admit it was great, and Unique !

Now,..T,..didn't Robin earn an Oscar for "Garp"? or was he just nominated ? IDK, but he should have gotten one for that role, which was the first semi-serious thing he'd done ! I also just loved John Lithgow's role in that movie ! Remember him as the cross-dressing Quarterback ? Cracks me up just thinking about it ! LoL

T.J. said...

Bliss: I know, right?

Herm: I looked on imdb.com, and believe it or not, he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar for Garp. Go search him, and then click on the 'awards' link.

Kelwhy said...

ok - never even heard of this movie before? why not??? ok, i'll research it and get a copy... sounds very interesting...

T.J. said...

Kel: Yeah, it's an obsure one, but well worth a look.