Saturday, March 21, 2009

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a night. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Does anybody else remember H. R. Pufnstuf?

This was some seriously wierd shit.

I have vague memories of it, and according to the article, there were only 17 episodes, I I've prolly seen them all?

I also remember watching The Banana Splits that they refer to in the article.

I haven't seen H.R. Pufnstuf in like a bajillion years, so I can't really confirm or deny the accuracy of the Wiki article. Maybe I'll go see if I can find some old episodes online or something.

Or maybe not.

I can see that look on your face, the one that says 'what the fuck made you think of an obscure tv program from the 70's?' Well, to answer that question, I'll give you a picture of one of the gifts I got for Christmas this year:




That's right, an H.R. Pufnstuf coloring book. Can my mom find the coolest obscure gifts or what?

Anyhow, I was straighting up in my room, and this was one of the things I found a new home for. Seeing it reminded me that I spent many Saturday mornings watching Jimmy elude Witchiepoo.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 20. Can a devious hangover captain the appeal?

3 comments:

Beth said...

If you say so.


*elusive humps*

T.J. said...

Well, I do say so.

And why are you being elusive?

HoosierHerm said...

FYI : The modern version of this is "Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for one night, teach a man to fish, and he'll want to borrow your bass boat every weekend".