Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm giving you another recipe.....

As some of you may know, we're big fans of Chinese food here at casa Convenience. Be it delivered or homemade, Chinese food is always a good choice around here.

In that vein, I'm going to give you a recipe tonight. It's one of the easy ones, but dayum, is it good.

It's called many things, but for our purposes tonight, we're going to call them egg rolls. Egg rolls are one of my favorite. Well, when they're done right that is.

What follows is the right way to do it.

Ooohhh...look at all the pretty pictures:

First things first.

Cut up about 1/4 head of cabbage, and a bunch of cilantro.


This goes into the wok with approximately 5 oz of slivered carrots (we bought) and about 8oz bean sprouts. Using a high heat, wilt the cabbage. Add some soy sauce (enough to coat) and you should come up with something that looks like this:




Ok, now, you'll need some wraps:



There are instructions inside the package, but my pictures are prettier:

Wet the edges of your wrap.




Put a small amount of filling onto your wrap.



Fold the top corner down, and the left and right sides over.


And then just roll them up:



Our package had approximately 20 wraps, and somewhere in the middle, I stopped and added some diced pork to the filling:



Deep fry (you do have a deep fryer dont you) in small batches:



Until golden brown:




Share and enjoy:




Oh, and in case you're wondering, the sauce is even eaiser:

This is a cup of sugar and half a cup of white vinegar:




Whisk over medium high heat, and when it starts to clear up, add ketchup (or red food coloring if you have):



When you're done, it should look something like this:



These things were fucking awesome. I ate way more than I should have, but I just couldn't help myself.

If you have any questions, or would like more detailed instructions, email me.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 13. How can the flame rock?

5 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

MMmmm! Sounds and looks Great!
Why haven't you ever made these when I was around??
Because you and I would be fighting for the first ones done ? LoL
Did you have any oil or spray-lube in the Wok when you started ? or is the soy sufficient ?

Beth said...

Oh yum. Those look fab. I'm hungry now. Maybe you should come over and make me some. Eggrolls, that is.

T.J. said...

Herm: Oh, sorry...a little olive oil in the wok....

Bliss: I'll be over after work...

Unknown said...

yeah i thought the sound of them made me hungry in game as u were cooking, I am even hungier now that i see the end result. Gonna have to try them out soon
thanks
T

T.J. said...

They were soooooo good.