Saturday, March 28, 2009

Now I've gained some understanding of the only world that we see. Things that I once dreamed of have become reality.....

That's another source I fall back on a lot.

See, when stumped for a title, I use movie quotes (duh), literary phrases, or song lyrics.

Today's title falls into the last category, just in case you're not a Rush fan, and if you aren't, why aren't you?

So, I actually got the idea to use this for today's post in the 'recovery area' at United Blood Services today, as I had my 'pod with me, and I was listening to this song as I ate my (fresh-baked) chocolate chip cookies (2) and drank my o.j.

It was an ok day at the coven. My interviewer/bloodsucker was a plesant, friendly lady. She asked me all the 'have you traded money or drugs' for sex questions, which always make me giggle just a bit.

After that, it was out to the bed, and I don't know if I've mentioned (actually i do know i have mentioned it) but I do the 2BC (i think thats what they call it) where they take whole blood out, and then put the plasma and saline solution back in. It takes a little longer, but if I do it that way, they can get 2 units of blood, and, as an added bonus, it's 4 months before they can call me again.

I think it's funny how every time they give me a card showing when I can next give blood. I mean, it's not like I'm going to remember, or go out of my way, but it's irrelevant anyhow, because like 15 minutes after I'm elegible to donate again, my phones start ringing.

It's as inevitable as the tides.

Buenos con queso,

T.

RSOD: 27. An improbable crowd mails the dictionary.

No comments: