Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm not making excuses, but....

It's totally not my fault that I didn't post last night.

See, it happened like this:

I got a call from my mom yesterday. She had planned to take Michael to a Reno Aces game yesterday, but she wasn't feeling well, so I inheirited the tickets.

Or Michael did.

Or Michael and I did....

Whatever.

In any event, it was a night game (7:05 start time) and we didn't get home until late. I may very well have had time to post, but J, my friend from back East called. It may have even been too late before that, as I remember looking at my watch phone on the way home, and it was 11:30.

As you can see:




We had pretty good seats:



At one point during the second inning, the mascot (no pix sorry) came over and asked Michael and I if we wanted to participate in a 'kindness excercise' on the field. We said yes, 'cause why wouldn't we, and that's how we found ourselves down on the field before the 4th inning started paying each other compliments.

I told Michael that his head was perfectly round, that he had the most flesh-colored skin I'd ever seen, and that he was the best white rapper that I knew.

That last bit got a laugh from the whole crowd. The nice lady sitting next to us (peggy i think) took a pic on her cell phone, and we should have a copy of it soon....it's a long story, but she knows the people who's tickets we were using.

For doing that, Austin & Tina (local djs) gave us a 'Karma Card' which is actually an entry into a drawing for a $3000.00 gift card. In return, I gave them each some change.

I mean, that's how I (we) spread karma.

Oh, speaking of change, do any of you need more?

We've got tons...

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Whiskeymarie said...

I'm still good with mine- I've been very good about giving them out, though. I love how it kind of weirds some people out at first, but you can see them warm up to the idea within seconds.

The one you have pictured in you header today is lovely.

T.J. said...

Whiskeymarie: Funny you should say that, but the dj's were a bit reluctant at first. Isn't that header piece the 'bawmb?'