Tuesday, August 07, 2007

In retrospect, I should have used some sunscreen.....

Yesterday, for no reason at all (other than its been years since any of us had been) Sis, D, Ava, and I went to the lake.

Now, I'm one of the lucky ones, because when I say the lake, I mean Lake Tahoe. If you've never been, it's tough to describe. Crystal blue water, towering pines, it's beautiful.

Yes, I took some pictures, but you'll have to wait until Thursday, as that's photo day.

True to form, I declined any of the sun protection products that my sister had (except for sunscreening my tat) secure in the burn-proofness of my skin.

Yeah, right.

I'm not scorched, but I did get a bit more sun than I expected, and it kinda hurts. I know if I keep it out of the sun it'll turn to tan (mine always do) and if I take care of it I should be ok.

So, August 6th, and I've finally got some sun. Other than that, tho, it was a good day. I was not swelteringly hot (even down in the valley) and at the Lake, it was positively cool. A nice breeze was blowing in off the water, and I even waded into the water a bit.

If I'd had a change of clothes, I'd have gone all the way in, but alas.

Just in case you're interested, the plan is to go back on Friday. Yesterday's trip was pretty spontaneous, and we plan to prepare a bit more for Friday (making sandwiches bringing drinks that kind of thing) and I'm for sure going to bring another pair of shorts so that I can get wet.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Kelwhy said...

we went to lake tahoe on our honeymoon - it was INCREDIBLE.

T.J. said...

Yeah, it's a beautiful place.

T.

Beth said...

Never been

:(