Friday, June 08, 2007

I think I'm starting to scare the new girl.....

I've blogged at least once about my M.P.V. It's the phenomenon whereby I talk about something, and then, all of a sudden, it happens.

Well, in the process of traning the new girl, I've been just randomly talking about various accounts in an attempt to present examples of what kinds of calls she can expect to get, and how to handle said calls. Not a very unusual thing to do by any means.

The strange part is that 4 times in the last 3 days (twice yesterday in fact) not only has the account popped up with a call within literaly seconds of my talking about it, it's even been the same kind of call.

I mentioned a specific dispatcher from the N.H.P (nevada highway patrol) and was using one of our tow accounts to explain something, and not 7 seconds after I said it, she called.

On the account I had chosen for my example.

Yesterday, it happened twice in like 5 minutes. One of the accounts came up as I said the name, while giving another example of things that can happen at work. See, we answer for a couple funeral homes, and some hospice care agencies as well. I was telling her how we sometimes get a call from a relative/caregiver to the hospice nurse, the call from the hospice nurse to the funeral home, and then how sometimes, one of our doctors actually cared for the patient, and that we sometimes even get 3rd call to hold for the doc in the morning.

I swear, as I said his name his account flashed up on the screen.

I'm actually starting to creep myself out just a little.

Ok....time to make coffee.

Buenos con queso,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Dood. That is WAY creepy.
You're starting to scare me and I am a thousand miles away!

NO! Don't look at me!

:p