Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cold pizza for breakfast.....

Right out of the fridge, no re-heating or any of that funky shit.

Fucking yum.....

I love pizza. Even the few times I've found myself working at pizza joints and eating pizza every day has done noting to diminish my love for it. Everyone would always say 'you're gonna get sick of it...blahblahblah...'.

No way Jose. I could eat pizza every day. Not necessarily every meal, and of course I'd have to vary the toppings, but I never get sick of it.

So, it's approaching that time of year. Dland is a scant 4 months away, and the savings crunch is on. I still hope to be able to afford another tat before I go (all the well-wishing karma you can send will help). Things are going to be a bit different this year, however. Michael had said that he was going to absent himself this year, and that was before the surgery and everything, but I talked to his mom, and they are going to see if they can come down for a day or 2 while we are at the park.

The other bit of news I got was a little depressing as well. My daughter Summer has begun doing a bit of missionary work in Uganda. Sadly, her next visit falls during the Dland trip this year, and so she will not be attending.

This year I will be sans kids. This, while making the trip a bit cheaper, changes the entire dynamic of the trip for me. I know that we'll still have a blast (we always do) but things will just not be the same.

Oh well, there's always next year to look forward to.




I guess the call of the day would be the tow call from Stateline. What you may not know, however, is that there are at least 2 towns named Stateline in California. One at Lake Tahoe, where Emerald Bay Towing (one of our clients) is located and one in Socal headed towards Vegas.

Yeah, so guess which one they were near. After getting some info from them, I figured out they were calling the wrong area, and told them so. They then asked if I knew the number of a tow company in their area....Uhm, no. I live like 600 miles away from there. After a lengthy time spent explaining this, they hung up.

And called back 5 mins later to ask the same stupid fucking questions.

Sigh.....people.

Carne del Diablo,

T.

No comments: