Friday, May 25, 2007

The crazy is what's holding my brain together......

It's amazing the thoughts that muddle through my noodle sometimes.

You guys like popcorn? I sure do. All kinds, all flavors. Cheddar, kettle corn, movie theater butter.....you name it. When I make it I usu way over salt it, and if it's one of the standard 'butter' flavors, I usu add some parmesan cheese and garlic powder as well.

Remember when making popcorn used to be a huge pain in the ass? You had to heat oil on the stove, stand there and shake back and forth for days, and hope to hell you didn't burn it. Took forever. Then the came out with the hot air popper. Any of you have one of those?

This made things much eaiser. It was still a process tho. Measuring, having a bowl ready under the corn chute (that sounds kinda wrong) and still, you had to stand there and monitor it.

These days, however, it is simlicity itself. Simply take a pack out of the HUGE box of popcorn on your pantry shelf, (you do have a huge box dont you) open it up, put it cook side up, and in most cases simply push the 'popcorn' button on the microwave.

Three and a half to four minutes later, you have a steaming bag of joy. Open carefully, and enjoy.

I'm not sure who the guy was that came up with it, but I know one thing. His spot in heaven is reserved.

He will sit at God's right hand for eternity, his sole duty will be providing the Almighty with corn whenever the mood hits Him.

So, thank you, microwave popcorn inventer. You have made my day.




So....the call of the day thing kinda lamed out on me. There are scads of stupid calls, but they all seem to run together after a while. Nothing really stands out. Tho, I did take a call a couple nights ago, it was just the average 'the office is closed, but I can get a message to them' experience, and I was my normal friendly self.

Yesterday I was called into my direct supervisor's office and told that the owner of the account had been told by the woman leaving the above message the we were 'the best, most friendly, and efficent answering service she had ever dealt with, and that it was a pleasure to leave a message with us.'

Go figure.

I am very nice...when I'm on the phone. What most of the rude/stupid people don't know is that I'm flipping the screen off, usually with both hands while I wait for them to stop talking, and that I curse a blue streak as soon as I'm off the phone with them.

Guess that's it for now.

El poquito grande,

T.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I like popcorn.
But, I still make it the old fashioned way, standing over the stove shimmying back n forth...

ah yes,goood tiiimes. And AWESOME popcorn!!

*humps you with kernels in her toof*