Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Beware: Sharp objects ahead.....

Yesterday Pops and I went on a bit of a shopping run. He wanted to buy a portable dvd player for Sister so that we have one to take with us to Dland. We also went to Ross and bought a couple things.

No, not clothes. I don't usually go clothes shopping very often. No, we go there for the other stuff. We bought a chocolate cookbook, a 3-cd collection of oldies rock, and a couple other things.

Including a set of 3 knives. The knives were, of course packaged in that plastic, survival packaging from Hell that most things seem to be contained in these days. So, I used some scissors to cut the top off the package, grabbed the sides to pull it apart....and promply sliced the fuck out of my left middle finger.

Yeah, opened it up pretty good. By using direct pressure, I was able to get the bleeding stopped, and I think it's pretty shallow, but it hurt like a motha fucka. Now I've got a very sensitive finger tip, which should make work a joy.

I type all day long. The middle left is only used for 3 letters, and you might think that is not so bad, except for one small detail: The letter 'e' which is one of the middle's domain is the single most commonly used letter in the English language.

Yeah, looking forward to a day of fun.

It actually won't be so bad, as I'm training someone, but check-out has the potential to suck very hard.

Ok, guess I'm out.

El poquito grande,

T.

No comments: