Saturday, June 02, 2007

What is it with this chick....She have beer-flavored nipples?

While it's not Shakespeare, it is funny. It's also from the movie 10 Things I Hate About You.

In case you don't know, it's a mondernized retelling of the play The Taming of the Shrew, one of my faves from the bard. You may not have read the play, but I know you've heard the expression "killing with kindness."

If not that one, I'm sure you've heard the phrase "I must be cruel, only to be kind" (or at least a part of it) even if it was only the Nick Lowe song that brought it to you.

The soundtrack has a couple good covers on it, including the aforementioned Cruel to be Kind, and also Cheap Trick's I Want You to Want Me. It's a very loose telling of the story, and of course it's a teen movie, so it's full of angst, but it's cute and definitely worth a look.

Ok, that concludes the movie review portion of our broadcast, and just in case you were wondering it was brought to you by the fact that I'm watching it as I post this.

Not much new other than that, except we got a new girl at work. Yesterday was her first day of training (yes i get to train her as shes going to work on my shift) and I think she's going to work out well.

So, guess I'm outtie.

Carne del diablo,

T.

No comments: