Monday, June 18, 2007

Enough is enough.....

Some things should not be allowed. I was just surfing through the channels on my t.v. (no sattelite or digtal cable just the standard 70 channels or so), trying to find something for background noise while I blog, and got a bit fed up.

Not only is there not much on at 8:15 am that is not a paid advertisemet, a home shopping network, or a news/sports channel, but that which is available is utter crap.

I mean, come on. How long are we going to be subjected to fucking Saved by the Bell and The Nanny reruns? Those shows sucked the root when they were on, and now, nearly 14 years after it was cancelled, I still have to put up with that annoying mother fucker Screech.

I went to High School. I know for a fact that he would have been beaten and tortured to within an inch of his life every day. He would not, I repeat not be hangin' wit the kool kids. And wise-cracking, stunt-pulling, athority-snubbing Zach? Yeah, that punk would have been expelled very early in his career. Not to mention the permanant seat in detention leading up to his eventual dismissal.

According to IMDB.com, there were only 90 episodes of that tripe. That means, if TBS ran an episode a day, they could show them ALL in 3 fucking months.

Yeah, so they show them in pairs, not singly. That makes a month and a half, from birth to death for the show. So, why am I still having to 'click' past it every fucking day of my life?

The Nanny is just as bad. I'm pretty sure that she would have suffered a painful death shortly after her employment. That voice would drive anyone to murder, but to put her in a house with a butler?

Yeah, there's no question, the butler would have done it. With relish I imagine.

Compared to this, we have shows languishing that were better written, funnier, and just all around better that are never seen.

Case in point: News Radio.

One of the funniest things I've ever seen. Phil Hartman at his best. Andy Dick before he became, well, a dick. Great show, great acting. Never on anymore.

Wings is another one. Great cast, great writing, and Lowell is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Hell, I'll even take the oldies. Bring back Barney Miller and The Bob Newhart Show. Anything but this fuckting pap that they used to fill dead air-space with.

News flash: Those shows still suuuuuuuck.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The Bob Newhart Show is the worst show EVER! I never could find the point of that show.

At least Diagnosis Murder and Murder She Wrote isn't the only thing on. Each episode takes 10 years off your life span.

Just blog more. The click of the keys can be your background noise. :)

T.J. said...

Don't get me wrong, I hate those 2 as well, but SBTB and the Nanny were both on while I was blogging.

That's why I wanted background noise. I usu have something running in the background, and don't always want to put in a movie.

Oh, and the purpose of The Bob Newhart Show it to play 'Hey Bob,' the drinking game.....

Oh, and Howard. He cracks my shit up.

T.

AndiePandie said...

I looovveee News Radio. Holy shit but that show is funny. S3 is on my NetFlix queue. And I also love Newhart. Not when he was doing the psych work but when he ran the Inn. Ahhhh