Saturday, June 23, 2007

Uhm....yeah, right.....

I guess I should,like, start a list of movie quotes or song titles, or funny phrases to use as titles, then I won't have to sit here with my brain stuck in neutral, clutch half in, grinding noises rattlilng as I try to come up with a title for my daily (lately) ranting.

You'd think the title, usually the shortest part of a blog post, would be the easy part, and that filling a few paragraphs or pages of blather would be the toughie.

No so the case. Well, for me anyhow.

I don't know what it is, but lately, the calls at work seem to have taken a turn for the worse. I mean, I'm used to rude people, stupid people, and people who just genuinely don't get what I do, but for like the last 3 weeks or a month the quantitiy of these types of calls has gone through the roof.

As a rule, I try to stay pleasant on the phone, and even if I'm having the crappiest day on record, I can always get my 'happy voice' working when I answer the phone. I can even stop, mid swearing rant, and pick up the line in a tone that just drips honey.

I sound like I care, like I want to help, but mostly, I just want to get them off the phone. I must be doing something right tho, I've never had a complaint. And my boss says that in her years in the business, guys always get complaints. I'm just that way.

Of course, it sometimes backfires. I get these long, rambling discourses about things I don't care about happening to people I don't know. When I finally get these folks off the phone, if they've actually decided to leave a message, I can usually sum it up in, like a single sentence.

No shit. 5-6 minute call (which is a fucking marathon believe me) one sentence of relevant information. I tell ya, sometimes it drives me totally shithouse.

Ok, done bitching for now. Tomorrow's my day off this week, so I may even get to relax a bit.

Carne del diablo,

T.

1 comment:

Kilroy_60 said...

Golf on tv; yes it can be hard to understand how anyone could watch. I must say, before I started playing golf it didn't make a lick of sense to me.

You have an interesting take on the people on the other end of the phone. Also, how you do your job where people don't complain.

Unfortunately, the price of dealing with people worth your time and effort is dealing with so many more who are not.

OK; that's going to be it for this comment. Too many posts I'd want to say something about.

I did want to let you know that you're included in the current edition of A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Blogosphere

Will look forward to hear from you.

Cheers!