Friday, February 27, 2009

I want understanding, and not just for myself.

I mean true understanding.

This big ball of mud that we're on is a pretty unlikey thing. When you take into account what it takes for life (as we know it) to exist at all, and then multiply it by the variety of life on this planet, it kinda staggers the mind.

It's sad to think that we've actually obliterated entires species of animals , even sadder when it looks more and more like we're set to do it to ourselves. And over what? Because we/they tell different stories than they/we do?

If everyone could just understand that, and just let the rest go...

All the opression.

All the hatred.

All the killing.

All of the bad stuff.

And just understand. We all have the most important thing in common: We are alive on this planet. Weigh that against even just the planets in our solar system (i still count pluto) which can't sustain any kind of life that we could understand, even if we could find it.

Here we are. This tiny rock full of life. Against all the nothing...

And all we can do is fight about it.

Really? Seriously?




In other news:

I spoke to Michael last night, and I'm pleased to announce that he's shipped me more change, so all y'all (new folks too) keep a weather eye on your boxes.

Or your slots.

Or your hole.

Those all sound so bad.

Buenos con queso,

T.

What I want, Part 27: Answers


ps when you go to the monty python site...and you will....dont forget to scroll down to read the lyrics t.

3 comments:

Beth said...

You're so pervy with all this talk about slots and holes. Geez.

:p


I agree. Can't we all just get along?

camtim42 said...

Great post! Lol and even with a giggle at the end ;-) I wrote back to your comment BTW.

HoosierHerm said...

Once Again, Despite a 2067 Mile separation of our Brains, they are running in the Same Channel Today.

Why do I say this ? Because as we speak, I am converting TheMoody Blues Song, "Isn't Life Strange?" to an MP-3, so I can add it to a post I planned for today, about this same subject !

Pretty uncanny, 'cause it's usually only one of my weird-assed kinfolks that are on these channels. Channels that aren't measurable by any wavelength or psychological paradigm!! Yet !

I have puzzled over these ideas since I first expanded my consciousness, (Chemically?), in the 60's. It seems that people who are aware of our cosmic insignificance, and the damage that we do in spite of this relative insignificance, are a very minuscule minority.

I have been known to Thank God that there are people of your age, (and younger), who are thinking about these big concepts, 'cause us more intellectual Hippies are dying-off fast, plus, many sold out to greed and avariciousness long ago !