Thursday, February 19, 2009

I want world peace.....

I really do.

I think my version of world peace may be a little different than the vision that others may have of it.

Then again, maybe not.

See, I don't care what my neighbors are doing. I don't know them, and they don't know me. I haven't tried to swing them over to my religious beliefs, nor have they tried to swing me to theirs.

I don't fuck with their shit and (i hope) that they don't fuck with mine.

See, that's all I really want.

Just to be left alone.

If everyone could just get over things, and learn to leave each other alone, I think this could work. Stop trying to convert the heathens.

Stop telling people what to do.

Stop being such a prying interloper, and just leave us alone.

Isn't that what most people want anyhow? Just to be left alone?

I know that's what I want.

For me, that's peace.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not violently anti-social or anything, and I actually like the company of other people, but only if they aren't the type to fuck with other people. See, I think that's where most of our problems come from.

People fucking with other people.

If everyone would just stop, I have a strong feeling that we'd all be able to get along and get on with things.

The world would be a much simpler, much more plesant place to live.

Well, at least I'd be happy.

Buenos con queso,

T.

What I want, Part 19: World peace

3 comments:

HoosierHerm said...

I couldn't agree more ! Since the mid-1960's, one of my favorite quotes has been one that was all over the World during the Vietnam War. " Killing for Peace, is Like Fucking for Chastity". It pretty much sums up what causes all the strife in the World, and the way Man and Nations have dealt with problems to date !
For Example, You had to Google your way to somewhere in Ohio when you searched for "World Peace".

Why it would be such an alien concept in such troubled times is beyond me. I guess, since the Days of "Gunboat Diplomacy", what constitutes "fucking with me" has taken on a whole new set of meanings.
If I were Hillary, (or any Secretary of State), I would put the World on notice that we were going to take care of our neighbors in our own hemisphere, and would brook nobody fucking with North, South or Central America.
The Asians and Europeans would be free to kill each other, but God help them if they jacked around in our hood !

That's just my lil' Ol redneck opinion!

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Agreed!Me living my life doesn't affect you, so leave me be.

T.J. said...

Herm: Well, when I'm President (vote for me in 2012) it's going to be even more local than that.

I'm going to protect the U.S., and only the U.S.

Andie: I know, right?