Thursday, February 05, 2009

We always want what we cannot have

Why is that I wonder?

Not that I'm the first to ponder this, nor, indeed the most enlightened, but it still confounds me.

I mean, I've gotten plenty of things that I wanted, but the big ones?

The really really big things?

Not so much.

I'm not a millionaire, I don't drive a Lamborghini Countach, and I certainly don't live like a king in some foreign country.

Well, not yet, anyhow. These dreams may seem lofty, and I'll allow that they are, but as long as there is breath in my body, and blood in my heart, I will not abandon them.

Oh, and I want another beer, too, but that's eaisly remedied...I'll be right back.....

So, why do you think we always yearn for the unattainable? Is it purely greed, or does the idea of an unreachable goal set us up to accept smaller things?

I have no idea, but if you know, please share the knowledge.

Buenos con queso,

T.

What I want, Part 5: All the Movies/T.V. shows ever made.

4 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

This is going to sound totally lame-o, but you know what? All the things I have REALLY wanted - the big ones - in my life? I've gotten.

There has never been a boy that I wanted that I didn't get. There has never been a job that I wanted that I didn't get, or a role in theatre, or a solo, or a college entry.

How spoiled am I??

I'm sorry. You can borrow my lamborghini whenever you want...

HoosierHerm said...

I like the car it signifies, but I've always thought "Coon-tash" was a funny sounding word !
I mean, it doesn't conjure speed, or prestige, or anything cool in my mind. However, it could well be the best dish made from a properly cooked racoon?
"She'eet Bro, I take sum more of dat coon-tash, I sho'nuff would!"
(My best cajun dialect I can write!LoL)

T.J. said...

PSP: Very spoiled indeed. Oh, and I need the car next weekend.

Herm: Mmmmm...nothing better than fresh cooked raccoon....I live for it.

T.

2.kidsnme said...

It is true..we always seem to want what we can't have. Human nature maybe?
I want one simple thing and it isn't even for me. It's for the kids to have a dad that puts them first. Sad to admit but......true.