Monday, September 20, 2004

The post that should have been

A few days ago, I titled a post My favorite mass-murderer-cum-serial-murderer wanna-be.

I had no idea at the time, but I would be again using the phrase, tho sans the wanna-be.

There is a serial killer out there, people, and I know who she is. She has long passed into the realm of mass-murderer as well. She's kill hundreds...Hell, maybe thousands of people.

I'm speaking of course, of Jessica Fletcher, the character that Angela Lansbury plays on the show that I call Murder, she Committed.

You see, I have an obscure theory that she's the one doing all the killing. What I think is this: She picks a person at random in a 6 degrees of separation kind of way, and studies them. She then draws an elaborate 'web of intrigue', her book, if you will, picks a person to frame, and does it. The 'confessions' that she always gets? Brainwashing. She's a hypnotyst, I'm sure of it.

Check it out: She's always at, or near the scene of the crime, so she has opportunity. She's always 'working on a novel', or 'doing a book tour.' She's got a perfect alibi. She 'remembers things', helping the police, hindering them too, sometimes, all the while, slowly insuinating herself into the investigation.

It's really subtle, I mean she's good. It's a pretty plush gig, if you think about it, and I have to admit, it would be nice to travel, but...

There's one glaring fact tho. She's the only person that all the deadders have in common.

She's been at it for years. She's crisscrossed the country countless times. Who knows how many people she's killed.

Of course, Pop argues vehemently that she's not the killer, but I think deep down, he's beginning to wonder.

Presto con gusto,

T.

No comments: