Friday, November 02, 2007

It's nice to be appreciated.....

As you know, I recently got a new job. I'm always aprehensive after starting a new job, as I imagine most people are. You're never sure if you're doing quite what's expected, not quite sure what the bosses think of your work....Worried that you're going to get called into the office and told you're not working out....

Well, yesterday I found out that I must be doing something right. Our salespeople make commission on what they sell. As the ebay guy, I don't, as the things on ebay sometimes make more money than we loaned on them, and sometimes don't. I get a higher hourly wage tho, so it's all good.

Imagine my surprise then, when on yesterday's check there was an additional 75 bux marked down as 'commission.' Fearing that some mistake had been made, and worried that if I cashed the check, I'd be 'caught' and made to pay the money back at some future date, I walked into the office, and asked about it.

Apparently, I'm just doing so well, and they're so happy that I'm 'a normal guy, and not full of drama' like their previous ebayers were, that they decided to show their appreciation in my favorite way: Cold hard cash. I was totally stoked. Still am in fact.

In other news, I was over at Andie's yesterday, and she had a meme up from Sue, and since she had a link to Sue's page, I hopped on over there. Sue, in turn had a link to NaBloPoMo.

So, it appears I now have another reason to post every day for a month.

If any of you feel like it, you should come along.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Beth said...

YAY!

Just so you know, I am going to try the NaBloPoMo thing, too. :p

We'll see how that works out for me. I don't have enough to do already...

:p

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Hi TJ... Thanks for the visit and welcome and all NaBloPoMo thing to you and everything. I like Rush. Have a happy day.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the whole "being appreciated" thing! That IS nice...

Sooo... you're telling me you came by and didn't say "hi"??? Geeez...

I'll serve you right, I'll LINK YA! :)