Saturday, November 17, 2007

Waiter, there is too much pepper in my paprikash...

We were supposed to go out to breakfast this morning, but things fell through.

Instead, we were forced to eat waffles, bacon and eggs prepared by Pops.

If you can't tell, there's a bit of sarcasm there. I'd almost always rather eat Pop;s food than food out at any restaurant.

I'm sure I've told you this, but he's 40 years a chef (retired now of course) and can not only make anything, but most times, it's better than you've ever had it.

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't tried the rotissiere chicken at Costco, get yer ass down there right now and buy one.

They fucking rock.

On another note, I've just finished watching Firefly.

Not an episode, but rather the entire series. It saddens me to report that this is one of the shows I killed simply by liking, or rather loving it. It's my anti-superpower.

All I have to do is find a show during it's first season, start watching it religiously, and then, of course, love it. What pisses me off most about this particular series tho, is the movie.

You see, the made a movie called Serenity. Now, don't get me wrong, the movie is fucking fantastic. What pisses me off is that when it came out, it was a HUGE success, and got tons of critial acclaim. People everywhere loved it.

If even a tenth of those fuckers had taken the time to watch the series, it would probably still be running.

Well, except for my uncanny ability to kill t.v. The first recorded instance of this is Police Squad. They've made what, 3 or 4 movies from that series, and it lasted exactly 6 episodes.

Six.

And it was one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen.

There was another qirky little show called Key West.

Yup, killed that one too.

And I'm With Her.

Oh, and most recently, Dirt.

They have all fallen to my uncanny evil power, and I'm saddened by it. I'm afraid to watch t.v., to like, for the simple fact that when I like, they die.

Oh well, guess I'll just soldier on.....

Buenos con queso,

T.

6 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Jericho. Last legs. We love it, please don't ever watch it.

T.J. said...

Deal.

T.

AndiePandie said...

I love Police Squad! Damn that's some funny shit. :)

T.J. said...

Yeah, I wish there were more of them.....

I never really got into the movies. I suppose I could give them another chance tho.....

T.

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Um... I think... When Harry Met Sally?

T.J. said...

Good answer!! This one is indeed from When Harry Met Sally.

T.