Friday, November 23, 2007

So if you're from Africa, why are you white?

It's been a loooong time since I've worked retail.

My last 4 or so jobs, going back oh, I don't know....8, maybe 9 years, I've had the luxury of working in food service, customer service, or a state office. I can't say I've missed it.

It's not so much the people, although that can be a trial.

It's not even running a cash register (which i can do well but dont have to in my current job), or any of the other things you might associate with working in a store.

No, for me it's the holiday music.

Now, don't get me wrong, I kinda like some of the songs. Well, some versions of them anyhow. But I only need to hear each of them like once a holiday season, and I'm good.

But this evening, after EIGHT. STRAIGHT. HOURS. hours of it, I've already had my fucking fill.

I'm ready to eat a fucking bullet. One of our local stations, Sunny 106, plays nothing but holiday tunes from the day after Thanksgiving until....who fucking knows.

I think I heard every fucking one of them 4 or more times today. I hope I don't go postal. I could totally do it too, cause we've got plenty of guns and ammo in the store.

If you see a headline from Carson City about a holiday massacre, look closely for my name.

In other news, I actually braved the crowds today for some door buster deals. I only went to 1 store (best buy) but I got a 500meg USB harddrive for 99 bux, 2 (2 gig) SD Ram cards @ 14.98 each, and a copy of Madden 07 for the PS3 (9 bux).

We got to the store at 4:30, when it was a balmy 15 degrees out, and after a short 30 minute wait, we were let in. It was kinda anticlimactic, actually. We were in and out of the store in like 15 minutes.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is really fucked up.

Ok, that's your post Tday post.

Carne del diablo,

T.

2 comments:

Princess Sparkle Pants said...

Mean Girls?

T.J. said...

Heh...Yeah.

T.