Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them.

Let's see....where was I?

Oh yeah.

Well, things happened, as they always do, and somewhere near the middle of my senior year in High School, there were some circumstances that were beyond everybody's control, and to make a long story short, Greg's mom invited me to move in with them.

Yeah, I was kinda shocked too.

So, now I was living with Greg and his Mom. Strangely, the constant contact didn't sour our friendship, as can happen. It was just like before, only I didn't have to go home after hanging out.

I'm kind of skipping ahead here, but shortly after graduating, Greg, his girlfriend Tina, and I moved to Florida. The story was that when his mom sold the house, she'd be joining us to be with Bob, her semi-husband. Well, things kinda fell apart between her and Bob, and his mom never came.

Greg moved back to Nevada, and a few months later I moved back to California. Maybe 6 months after that, I moved back to Nevada also. I was living in Carson City, and Greg was in Reno, but we still found time to hang out.

Again, things happened and I found myself moving. The distance never mattered. I always called him on his birthday if nothing else, and at least once at every place I lived in California, Greg just showed up.

It was like no other friendship I've ever had, and I miss him like I'd miss my left hand.

I've heard that his services are going to be on December 1st, which is a Saturday. That works for me, as I have Saturdays off anyhow. There's also going to be a.... what do I call it....Everyone who knew him is going to get together on Sunday, and just sort of be together for mutual support. I'm going to have to take the day off, but I already know that works cool with that. Maybe I'll work a half day or something.

Ok, I'm typed out for now.

Buenos con queso,

T.

No comments: