Thursday, November 15, 2007

Say hello to my little friend.....

Ok, I almost missed today's post.

I'm not proud of that fact. It was a very strange day. The net went down at work today, then came back up...then went down again.

I did get to leave early because of it, I mean really, if your job is to list stuff on ebay, and you can't access the 'net, you're pretty much bull tits, if you get my meaning.

So, I've been trying to remember movies that Greg and I saw together, and here are the ones that come to mind: Grease (the first time), The Empire Strikes Back, Scarface, The Terminator, 48 Hours, Aiplane, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Uncommon Valor, Heavy Metal, a couple Bond movies, For Your Eyes Only, and Never Say Never Again, if memory serves, The Neverending Story, The Dark Crystal, and Friday the 13th.

Oh, and I should point out that this was in the theatres, people. Oh, and you can add A Nightmare On Elm Street to that list.

Ok, now concerts: Rush (x2), ZZ Top with Quiet Riot (remember them), Duran Duran, The Scorpions, Yes (on their farewell tour)...I know there were others, but I'll be damned if I can remember them.

Of course, you have to take into account that Reno didn't (and still doesn't) get the big names for some reason. We took what we could get, and we were thankful for it.

Ok, I think that's gonna do it for the Greg stuff. I mean, there's a thousand stories I could tell, and prolly as many that I've forgotten, but y'all don't need to hear them all to know that he was my best friend, and that I loved him.

I'll try to be a bit more upbeat.

Ok, well, I'm bushed, so I'ma crash now.

Buenos con queso,

T.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I hope you'll keep posting about your good times together if it makes you feel any better at all. Writing seems to help me during the really really dark times.

You didn't happen to see Duran Duran at the Lawlor Events Center back in '83 or sometime around there, did you? I lived in Stockton back then, and my parents drove me and my best friend all the way to Reno to see them.

Take care,
--Kelly

AndiePandie said...

*smooches* T! Thinking about you!

T.J. said...

As a matter of fact Kelly, that is the concert I went to. I was still in High School at the time, and I graduated in '84...

Thanks Anide....

T.