Thursday, January 01, 2009

I bought my car with change.....

Did I ever tell you that?

Well, in case I didn't, there you go.

I posted ages ago about getting my 'bu, and I posted pix back then, so if you want to read more about it....well, you're on your own.

But, I digress.

This takes a bit of set up, so bear with me. There's an AM/PM just up the road from my house, and I go there often. It's where I usually buy my beer, and I, in fact, walked up there last night to get beer. This story is also set back when Pops was still smoking.

Well, back in the day, they had some Triple Trouble keno machines in there, which, in case you don't know, is the game that Pops and I play. Well, with the exception that the machines in the store were quarter machines.

Now, I don't have to tell you, but you get a lot of quarters in your change.

....well...

When there's a slot machine there, it's just natural to drop a couple coins in. Hell, sometimes I'd even throw in the odd dollar bill or so. Not much money, really, and only like twice a week? Pops would do the same.

Now, I don't want to overstate it, so I won't say every time I went to the store, but it feels like it could have been every other time, one of us would hit a 4spot, which in a quarter machine, pays $24. At that point, we'd hit the cash out button and bring the quarters home.

We had a couple things we filled up....and all of a sudden, we had, I shit you not $1100.00 in quarters.

I know, right?

Well, the oppurtunity came up to buy the car, and we haggled the guy down to $900, and the rest is history.

Not that we paid in quarters, you understand. We did have the courtesy to cash them in first.

Buenos con queso,

T.

2 comments:

Beth said...

That's awesome. Only you would buy a car in change.

That's awesome.

HoosierHerm said...

That's awesome, I once bought a hooker with change,...does it matter if it was Tijuana?