Friday, August 20, 2004

The bitter dregs.

It's almost worse than no coffee at all, but as that's all that was there when I went to the break room, I took it. I made more, of course, but it's not the instant sensory gratification I was looking for.

I'm at work, and prolly shouldn't be doing this, but as the database builds I've been doing are taking soooooo long, I decided to be bad at work. My big boss is out of the office for a vacation, so I'm in less danger of getting caught. If B, my supervisor and one rung under R sees me, he just asks what I'm reading. Heh...B's pretty cool.

It's 10:22. I've iniated my Friday Protocol. For those of you that don't know, this involves me working through my 2 15's (I hardly ever take them anyhow, as I don't have a nicotine addiction to feed) and taking a 30 minute lunch instead of an hour. By doing this, I get to leave work an hour early. It's not much, but there's something nice about being off early on Friday. Well, if you happen to have weekends off, as I do. But whatever day your Friday falls on, it's nice to be off early.

Right now, B's engaged in an epic rubber band war with some of the CT's. Did I mention that I work with CT's i.e. Community Trustys? For the layman, these are convicted criminals who are in minimum security prison, and all, of course, on non-violent convictions. They rotate, as people are parolled, or sent to restitution, but they are usually a pretty cool bunch of guys. B gives them such a ration of shit, every day. It's funny.

Well, 2 hours until lunch. I may post again then, we'll see.

Later,

T.

No comments: