Thursday, August 26, 2004

This is getting scary...

Ok, this is the second good Thursday I've had in a row. It's uncanny, really. I'm not sure where or when it started, but when I noticed it, of course, it got worse.

I find that on those days...you know those days; when life catches up to you, and you have a realllly bad day. For whatever reason, whichever happenstance produces it. A fucked-up-shitty DAY!! For me, it's usually Thursday. Now, as I've said, I freely admit that my feeling this way about Thursdays causes me to notice bad things on Thursdays. But, also, as I've said, I just noticed it one day. I'd have a bad day. Think wow haven't had a day like this since...

I found a lot of Thursdays were not so nice to me. It was after this, that I read The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Those of you that have as well, will understand how appropriate it was that I had bad Thursdays.

I mean, what is Thursday, anyway?

Lets see You have:

Monday, the first day of the week. Bad Reputation. i.e. Rainy Days and Mondays, Manic Monday. No fun.

Tuesday, Ok, first day's over, easing back into the groove of working. If your radio station has a Two-fer Tuesday, put it on and crank it up.

Wednesday. Hump day. Woo Hoo!!...The week's half over.

Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

I can do a lot on those three days. I mean, I've road-tripped to two Rush concerts, one in San Jose, the other in Sacramento. Only impressive if you know that we started in Carson City, Nevada, drove to SJ, drove back to CC to pick up my driver's friends from Colorado that had flown out for the Sac show, drove back to Sac, and back to CC after the show.

Thursday.

What's that?

It's like, the elbow skin of the week.

Heh. That's another of my 'bits', and would of course be funnier, if you could see me 'do' it, but I digress.

The bad Thursday bit, that's real. That's just how I tell the story. Grin.

Later,

T.

Author's Note: I really did have a good Thursday, and I'm working on a post to that effect. t.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy to hear you had a good Thursday. :)

lady godiva said...

about time thursdays were good to you....
i am waiting to hear why...
tommorrow perhaps?