Thursday, August 12, 2004

I was pondering the immortal words of Socrates who said...'I drank what!?!'

...mmmm...coffee....

Is there anything better? I think not. The post this morning is going to be a little different. I have delusions of a comic turn of mind, and the following, while true, is also one of my 'bits.'

I don't know about the rest of you, but I multi-task in the shower. I shave. I brush my teeth. I read. Now granted, there's very little to read in the shower, so I'm reduced to reading shampoo bottles and the like. The most disturbing thing I've ever read in the shower is the back of my toothpaste tube. There's a warning there. I'll tell you the warning first, then the problems I have with it.

It says, and I quote 'If you accidently swallow more than is used for brushing, seek professional assistance, or call a poison control center immeidiately." Now, what's wrong with this statement? First, I don't know about you, but I prolly use a different amount of toothpaste every day, and no matter how much you use, as soon as you start brushing, you have more than you started with. How much is used for brushing? My tube supplies the helpful 'a small amount.' Oh, thanks. Could you be a little more vague please? Second, how do you 'accidently' have too much toothpaste in your mouth? What, in the middle of a lets see who can hold the most toothpaste in their mouth contest, and someone slaps you on the back?

Thirdly, it says 'professional assistance', not medical attention. That's a job to be proud of. What do you do? Me, I'm a qualified toothpaste extraction worker. I looked in the phonebook, under toothpaste, emergency extraction of, but being from a small city, I guess we don't have any toothpaste techs here. Your other option is a poison control center. So you're telling me that I'm putting poison in my mouth every day? Great.

Heh..there you have it. It's funnier when I'm 'doing' it, as I gesticulate and such. Have a good one all

Later,

T.

5 comments:

lady godiva said...

oh my! stuff to read! i will ssooooo be back later!

lady godiva said...

highpoints of this post:

1. gesticulate
2. i too - brush my teeth in the shower
3. toothpaste extraction worker

ok - i was the one in the front row of 'chuckle' rolling my eyes...and laughing my ass off.

Beth said...

I smirked.

*smirks again*

T.J. said...

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. And [ipleasei/] remember to tip your waitress.

Beth said...

*tips the waitress over*

*smirks*