Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Got my hair tie...Got my beer...I'm ready to go

My day today can be summed up with the title of one of Clint Eastwood's spagetthi westerns.

The Good:

Timing.

My timing was impeccable today. First there was my first cup of coffee. As those of you who read my blog know I got downstairs just in time to hear my coffee pot groaning out the last drops (sorry for the image there). Then there was lunch. My Pops (have I mentioned that he lives with me?) made grilled pastrami and swiss cheese on rye bread for lunch. My lunch lift and I arrived just as Poppa was taking the food off the griddle. Fuck they were good. So good, in fact, that we had them for dinner as well.

My emotions.

I was able to keep them under control today, and have decided to try a sad movie tonight, and see if I can get it out of my system. Rock and roll saved the day. Jet, Rush, and a couple others kept my attention off the sappy.

Rides. I got not 1, but 2 rides today. This could also be filed under the timing heading, but as I was walking to work this morning, and just gearing up for the trudge, I might add, a white Samurai (ironic much?) pulled into a parking lot in front of me and honked. I was going to walk by...they honked again, and then I noticed the liscense plate. It was the car of a lady that works in my building. It wasn't her tho. It was her daughter, N. Nice kid. It was soooo nice not having to walk to work. Then J, my lunch pal, gave me a ride home.

Ok, now onto...

The Bad:

Energy. I was so FUCKING tired today. A product of my night of late-started, broken sleep. I was getting all glassy eyed and noddy at about 8:30. Not good. It doesnt help that the job I'm working on, in addition to being mind-numbingly boring, is also so illogical as to make my brain hurt. I won't bore you with the details, but it's federal records relating to water, and water system improvements. Not that I really read any of it. I'm renaming maps. Worst part is, there's no end in sight.


My back. The sneaky bastard's getting to the point where it's either going to go out, or trick me and heal itself. I sure hope...well, you know what I hope. I'm being as careful as I can, but if it decides to cripple me, I'm at it's mercy.

My emotions. I still need to let loose, but haven't found the time. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get to it tonight, but it's already almost 10, and I'm sooooooo tired already that I don't know if I can.

And that leaves us with...

The Ugly:

My Pop watches a lot of Court t.v., and this is one of the trials going on:
Psycho.
This guy's not too bright either.

There was another link I was looking for, but, alas, it was not meant to be. Sack time. Be well.

Later,

T.

7 comments:

Beth said...

*tucks you in and kisses ya cheek* :p

HA! Couldn't resist.

Momma said there'd be days like this.

Momma said. Momma said.

lady godiva said...

been thinkin'
you need to title a post....

'there is a worm gear on the shaft of the steering colum'

i mean - a post - or at least write a poem or country song...
well? what do you think?you have named my favorite western....awesome flick.
i am giggling at your groaning coffee pot - and no i didn't know pops lived with you...awesome that he makes lunch.
Jet - can be tricky with emotions...that song about - take my picture off thw wall if it doesn't sing for you...turnd me into a teary disaster.


i hope you slept well -and your back is feeling healed.
later - K

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the back, I know how that one goes... and can I stop by for one of those grilled sandwiches? Sounds delicious. The only person who cooks for me, is, er, me.

- Rocketdog (you know the one)

lady godiva said...

hi again
nothing new
just hi

and

you are so gonna miss me when i am away
;-)
no one bugs you like me...i am going to have to enlist helpers

Beth said...

I'LL HELP!! As much as I can anyway!!

I hope you are having a much better time of things. Back, energy, emotions and whatnot.

I'll sure miss her when she's away, too. *sniff*
Alas! I will have T!!! :D

T.J. said...

Hell, yeah, I'm gonna miss her. Somehow, in the hustle and the bustle, I didn't even know that she was going (i feel soooo left out) anywhere.

Will you be able to surf at all where you're going Bear?

And, Kat, I hope you're ready for me.....and all the er...ahem 'prodding' I'm going to need. I'll be sure to return the favor, just so you know

T.

Beth said...

I'll do my best. *salutes*

:D