Monday, August 02, 2004

So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.

What an afternoon. My sister needed me to go to Reno this afternoon with her s/o to get her car from the shop. 4:00 rolls around, and I'm out the door. D is waiting, and we're off. At about the halfway mark to Reno (30 miles one way), there's a slow down. Turns out to be a major accident, and they close the highway so they can get CareFlight in. So we sit. And we sit. In the hot summer sun, we sit.

Ages later, we're approaching the accident, and as the morbid human I am, I begin looking for the cars...the skidmarks...glass..whatever. I see a green mini-van ( is that still hyphenated?). I see a dark sedan, and neither of them seems to be very damaged. Then I see the white car. I can only hope that there may have been a survivor somewhere in the car. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the driver. The steering wheel was almost touching the celing of the car, and the front end was demolished beyond recognition. I hope they're ok.

So...we get past the accident, and get to the dealer. Pick up the car, and head back. It takes us nearly 2 hours to move about 6 miles. Needless to say, it was a long ride. The radio was sucking, so I started poking through her cd's. Now, I love my sister and all, and I know she's a mom and everything, but 4 of the 6 cd's in the changer are Disney. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Disney, and there are plenty of songs I like...But 4 cd's? Fortunately, 5 was Changesbowie, Dave's greatest hits, and 6 was No Doubt.

I have to say, that I'm pretty impressed with the stock sound system in the car. It's a new Beetle, like 2002, maybe 2001. I don't really know if I ever knew the year. Anyhow, after some slight adjustment (I'm a pretty good sound engineer) I had the knob wrapped, and the music was clean. The bass was vibrating the rear-view mirrow, and I could feel the whole driver's door vibrating. It was pretty boss.

That's about all my excitement today. Think I'm going to start the list post. I'll post it in a bit.

Later,

T.

Late update. Driver of the white car didn't make it.

2 comments:

lady godiva said...

an attitude adjustment - is that what i need?
probably
as for the car ride...i hope they were okay and sucked for you.
what kind of list post - i actually thought doing my 100 things was okay...
i am bored. and can't sleep - i am going to surf...

lady godiva said...

aaahhh..told you i was tired...