Thursday, August 05, 2004

It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

Ok, so I'm going to post today, but not yet. We had a city-wide power surge today, and I came home to my pc on. Rather than just shut it down, I poked around a bit. However, there are a couple things I have to do, so I'll be back.

Later,

T.


Ok, I'm back.

This is a rather historic occasion. The post that follows is the first I've ever written out longhand first. I've decided to post my movie list, you see. If this starts looking like it's going to be really long, I'll break it up. They are, in reverse order:
  1. Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. I love this movie. Remember when you could only watch it once a year?
  2. Apocalypse Now. Only seen it once. Should prolly see it again. Creepy flick.
  3. The Matrix. Need I say more? If you haven't, see it.
  4. Now, this one I wasn't sure about, but I'm guessing someone says it in Clueless. Cute flick.
  5. Lethal Weapon. Pesci saved the later sequels. Chris Rock was good too.
  6. Demolition Man. One of Sandy Bullock's first. She's still my fave. Rob Schenider is a riot in this film.
  7. Star Wars. Again, need I say more? Go here The Revenge of the Sith.
  8. Men In Black. Second one sucked IMHO.
  9. Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Some of the humor's pretty British, but I love this flick.
  10. Highlander. First one's pretty good.
  11. The BBC t.v. adaptation of The Hithitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Not a movie, per. se. Read the books first tho.
  12. The Princess Bride. So many good lines. The swordfight is insane.
  13. Trading Places. Classic Eddie Murphy/Dan Akroyd. Guy bonus, Jamie Lee doffs her top.
  14. Dogma. Kevin Smith's 'controversial' movie about God. Can be seen as a standalone, but his movies are best enjoyed in order.
  15. Spiderman 2. Great flick. Better than the first, as there's less backstory.
  16. National Lampoon's Vacation. Again, there's almost too many lines. See it.
  17. Not sure it's actually a quote, but I know that there was a Marx Bro's film named A Day at the Races.
  18. National Lampoon's Animal House.
  19. Now I come to a bit of a sticking point. How ironic that my first 'quote' might not even be one, thus throwing the whole 'quote' theory into suspect.

I have a solution though. I'm sure one of those lame 50's sci/fi flicks used it. So, that's the list so far, except for this post, of course. It's from The Blues Brothers.

Later, under a new post, my thoughts on Life, the Universe, and Everything. I'll be back.

Later,

T.


Edit: Damn Star Wars link won't work. Try typing it in if you're a fan.


6 comments:

Kelly said...

This one I know: The Blues Brothers.

T.J. said...

Woot. Way to go. I just posted the rest of the list.

lady godiva said...

wow...great movie list...have to agree with your opinions...
i have been watching 'clue' lately
cracks me up

T.J. said...

Never actually seen Clue. I should. We used to play the game all the time when I was a kid.

Beth said...

Clue has to be one of my all time favs.. absolutely love it. "Flames...on the side of my face!!" *giggles* I could watch it over and over. :D

lady godiva said...

yes i do...