Friday, August 13, 2004

Screws fall out all the time. The world's an imperfect place.

Blogging from work again. You know what that means. No lunch for me. Well, no food anyhow, I do still get my break tho.

On the way in, I pass 3 digital thermometers. It was 63 degrees at 7:00 in the fucking morning. That's just disgusting. We've even got some humidity this week. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that we'll have a T-storm today. That's ok though, as I love storms. Someday, I'll tell you about the trip I took storm chasing. It was pretty fun.

Man, was my Thursday a pain in the butt. I was sitting at home, minding my own business, when my friend R showed up with Kill Bill Volume 2. I don't know if you've seen these movies, but if you haven't stop reading this now, and don't come back till you've seen them. Not that I'm going to talk about them in spoiler fashion, it's just that seeing them is much more important that listening to me bitch.

To continue: We head downstairs to watch the movie. Now, my DVD player happes to be my Playstation 2. More economical that way. I'll prolly get a straight player, but it will have to wait until after Dland. So I put the movie in the box, and hit reset. The screen shows up with 'No Data.' Needless to say, this is not a good thing. It's roughly at this point that I realize that my memory card is not it it's accustomed place. This leads me to the discovery that my sis came by to get my niece's memory cards and inadvertenly grabbed mine. Well, the root of the problem is that the software that allows the ps2 to play dvd's is on the card.

After a short phone call to my sis's s/o, I go to install the software on the card (thiers) that my sis didn't take. Only one problem. Even though I know I've seen the disc in the last week or so, I was unable to find it. Fine. We'll go upstairs and watch on my 'puter. 20 in monitor, so shouldn't be too bad, right? Wrong. Puter tells me that I don't have a compatible dvd encoder installed. Ok. So, off to Microsoft Update. I dl Media Player 9. Install it. (dsl made this all eaiser.) I get the same message.

I call my sis's again to let D know that I'm going to have to come over to get my mem card so that I can watch the movie. We jump into R's car, and off we go. When I arrive at my sister's, D informs me that they can't find my mem card. Fortunately, he had his. He loaned it to me, and we went back to the pad. Movie worked fine.

Took like almost an hour from R's arrival to the start of the movie. Arrrrrghh!!!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I hate Thursdays? That's a post all to itself. Guess that's all for now.

Later,

T.

2 comments:

lady godiva said...

i saw vol.2 earlier this week
loved it
they were great!
as for the whole mem card thing...
my ps2 is busted...piece of crap
good thing i dont have much time to play it

lady godiva said...

how was your weekend? huh? any fun?