Saturday, August 28, 2004

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice.

Turns out, what I needed was a long, hot shower. Who would've thought? It was sooooo good. I started with the water hot. I almost had to turn it down, but then I got used to it. I started the daily ritual which is my hair.

First thing, soak it good, wash it twice usually with Paul Mitchel Awapuhi shampoo, and after lathering it up forever, twist it to the top of my head while I brush my teeth and wash the rest of my body. Then, rinse. Really well. Then, conditioner number 1. Varies, but usually a cheap dime store knock off of something good. That gets slathered to my noggin while I shave. No. Just my face. You guys, I'm trying to write here.

Second rinsing, and this has to be extra good too....cheap products need more rinsing...grin... Then, a bit of towel drying, and it's time for the good stuff. Paul Mitchel's The Conditioner. From the first time I used it, what 17 years ago, it's been my drug of choice for my hair. Then, it's time to start brushing. All hair must be brushed straight down, and preferably allowed to dry completely in that condition. Yeah, right, like I ever have time for that any more. In order to assure that my hair does what I want to, I must now embark on what can only be described as a Holy Quest.

I am now subject to periodic brushing of my hair until it is totally dry. Now, remember, this is a perfect case example. Heh. Finally, after what seems like forever, I can bend over, brush it out, and flip it back. Came out pretty good today.

Sorry to rant about my hair, but it was going to come up eventually. Actually, you should be glad it came up now. We can get it over early. I am a Long-Haired-Hippie-Freak, or as I prefer a LHHF. Now, I know that conjures some frightning images for some of you. I've known some pretty rank hippies myself. Let me set your fears at rest. The only thing hippie about me is my hair. Oh, and I wear tie-dye. Sometimes. And I hate shoes. But that's it, I swear. I shower, I eat meat, hell, I hunt.

No tree-huggin' let's save the test animal whiner here.

"By testing this on a rabbit, you might be able to save my son's life?" Sorry rabbit, but human > rodent.


But I digress



I get out of the shower to find that R has arrived with T in tow. That there, that's wierd. R, is someone I know by initials, ala T.J., if you will. So, by abbrieviating her name for privacy's sake, I've in fact given you half of the name she goes by. Good security practice there. Coincidentially, T, mentioned above? Was introduced to me as, and continues to be called...drumroll please...

T. That's right, just 'T'. The 'inet privacy naming procedure' has here bestowed NO privacy at all. Heh.


So, the 3 of us hang out, watch a little t.v. R borrows some conditioner. She/they may be back later.

The things that happen to me.

I had a guy come to my door once, and ask me if I wanted to buy some cheese. But that's a story for another day.






Later,

T.

6 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

fyi -- your hair care regime is more high-maintenance than mine, and I'm a GIRL. that's comendable, though, most guys I know don't give a shit about that kind of thing.

p.s. is it not a little awkward hanging out with the woman you like and her boyfriend at the same time?

T.J. said...

If you're talking about this post, T is just R's friend. If you're talking about this post, this one's a story. I never really 'hung out' with any of R's boys.

T.

p.s. I reformatted Untitled, with my new 1337 html skillz. t.

lady godiva said...

mmm....
could like the hair

as for the secret name thing - so sneaky...lol...

and curious about the cheese story?
now - i am off to the zoo! bye!

T.J. said...

Heh...if you like long hair, you'd like mine. Most of the girls I know wish they had my hair. I'm secure enough to realize that I have pretty hair. Again, if I can ever get my pos digital working, I'll post.

Or if I can find someone to take my pic.

T.

lady godiva said...

1. how long?
2. what color?
3. not a three - sorry

and...hhmmm..pretty hair - i miss my mong hair lately - and think i am going to grow it back.
i now know where to come for styling tips -
thanks.

T.J. said...

1. Long. Strange. I had a feeling you'd ask, so I was paying attention today. It was windy on the way home today (afternoons usu are here) so I had my hair in a pony tail. I could feel it hitting my elbows. When it's down, it's almost to the waistband of my 501's.

2. Brownish-blondish with some blonde highlights.

3. Damn can't remember, but there can't be a 3...it's K.

Later,

T.