Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Publish, or perish?

I was trapped in a windowless, pale green room all day. Since it was taking so long for the batches to process, the finally gave me something else to do. Unfortunately, it was destroying documents. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no problem running the shredder. In fact, I think I'm pretty good with it. But I have no tunes in that room, and the shredder makes noise.

Had I known, I would have made arrangements for some portable music.

Oh well, live and learn.

So, on my way to work this morning, I was thinking. I'm not sure what got me started...Prolly reading Kbear and Kat, but I started running this fantasy through my head. That was what kept me sane at work today. I've been redoing...refining....experimenting with vocabulary. That kind of thing.

Anyhow, I get home, grab a pen, and go to work. I remember looking up at one point, and realizing that the Simpsons is half over. I almost didn't know where I was. I mean, I was into this story. Then, as I continued, I didn't slip quite as deep, and I began to realize how personal it was.

All of a sudden, I felt naked.

And there, as they say, is the rub. I think I'm scared to publish it. Have to think on this a bit.

Later,

T.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Wow. I think I feel special. :p

Go ahead and post it! I'd love to see what we 'inspired'!!

I bet it's puurrrfect. ;)

You've seen US naked. It's your turn. :p

Hee hee, no pressure. Really. ;)

T.J. said...

Oh, it's crap, be assured.

Heh...My first real attempt at, for lack of a better term, 'erotic fiction.'

T.


p.s. I guess I'll post it.

lady godiva said...

oh my - T...
i read the above first..and was very affected...
personal...yes...
and
much more
that is the thing that left me unable to put much into words
i am honored you shared it
it was wonderful

Beth said...

Yeah, what she said. ;p

Again, it IS lovely, T. Thank you for sharing.