Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Crap, here we go again.

I don't know if I mentionied this earlier, but I couldn't sleep for shit last night. When I nioticed what time it was, it was 1:00 am. I freaked, shut down, and tried to sleep. Laid there for at least an hour, trying to slip under. It was a no go, of course. I just noticed that it's almost midnight local, and, again, I'm really not all that tired.

Is that a bad thing? I wonder. I mean, it kinda came back at the reunion. I was sitting at the drinking table at 4:30 in the morning, still playing the game. Hell, I can't remember the last time I came home from a night out at sunrise. I mean, it's only been a few years, but how many? I have no idea.

I don't know. It's like this. I really don't feel mentally any differently than I did when I was 18. The worst part is, if I didn't have to worry about working every day, the physical parts, I think I could overcome. It's a little scary. I'm facing 40. Not this year, mind. 2006, though? Yeah. That's 40 for me.

So, as I sit here and watch the Olympics (women's team gynastics) I find myself wide awake. I hate this. It's such a delicate balance for me. If I go to bed at a reasonable hour...i.e. 9:00 p.m. or so, I wake up at like 3:30 or 4 a.m., and toss and turn, trying to recapture the Fields of Elysium. If, however, I try to outsmart my Circadian rythmys, and stay up, what am I treated with?

My alarm shrills at me, screaming that I'm worthless. Well, it doesn't actually, it just feels like that 'cause 'is'early. It's all I can do to drag my carcass out of bed. The shower? That relic, it's miles from here. Staggering about, I have 2 choices. Reset the alarm, and grab another hour's sleep, but risk up to a 20 min late arrivial at work, or gut it out, and take a shower.

The early a.m. posts? The days I actually drag my ass out of the rack in time to make my day. But guess what? That last beer I drank made me sleepy. About time too....I should get some good R.E.M.


Later,

T.

P.S. Not gonna edit, tho it kills me.....Wired, tired, and grinning like a fool.

3 comments:

lady godiva said...

need to sleep....?
only one thing that helps me...
well, uhhummm....you know...
do that...
it might help you too.

T.J. said...

Well, heh...I did that too.

Didn't help much, sadly.

lady godiva said...

do it twice...
once is never enough for me either...