Saturday, August 28, 2004

It's funny, really.

I mean, if I stop and think about it, it's downright funny. This self-imposed exile I'm in is what I'm talking about. For those of you that don't know, I've been avoiding the opposite sex like the plague for a little over 2 years now. Now, don't get me wrong, I still hang out, party with, and enjoy the company of women. Boy do I.

No, I refer simply to the act of sexual congress. It brings such compication, such restrictions, to a relationship. I have my 'gi'lfrien's', and that, I tell myself, is all I need.

Enter R. Now we get to the funny part. R is gorgeous. She's also a study in contrasts. She works construction. And I'm not talking 'girl construction' either, she can frame, for crying out loud. For as long as I've known her (like almost 2 (?) years now) she's had a boyfriend. I think maybe 2 or 3 different ones in the time we've been friends. Now, however, her latest and she have split.

We've always had this flirty, sexy, touchy relationship. We've slept together, and I mean slept. We were both fully clothed, and nothing, I repeat nothing happened. She got a new place, and it's right around the corner from my Mom's house. Pretty close to mine, as well.

So, now you know R. The funny part? I'm getting to that, ladies. Keep your shirts on. Oh wait, forget that, go ahead and take them off. I wanna see. Heh.

Ok, in a nutshell, here it is:

I've decided that, to quote an obscure Sammy Hagar tune 'I don't need love.' Hell, it's been almost (over? i forget) 2 years since I've had sex. That's ok with me though. I love sex when I getting it, but it's always been what I consider an 'extra' in a relationship. There's so much more. The walks, the talks. The wasted Sunday's wrapped around each other on the couch watching movies and eating way to much. Regular sex enhances all these things. I miss sex. I miss the other stuff as much, if not more. But, if you were to ask me, I'd truthfully be able to say I'm happy.

What I don't miss are the misunderstandings that lead to fights. I don't miss the 'Where were you' when I get home at....well, as you all know, I tend to keep rather erratic hours.... I don't miss the expense of keeping a woman in the manner to which she's become accustomed. Heh, that's reason enough right there. I can't afford to have a g/f.

But, I digress.

The funny thing is, R could, if she but knew it, single-handedly end the exile. She could, with a look, lay bare the fortress of my resolve. She's won the battle, and fired not a single shot. She, of course, does not know this, and prolly never will. We're friends, and that's enough for me. I'm curious, though. I have a feeling she'd be a tiger in the sack (sorry for the crudity of language there, but hey, i'm a guy). This could, and I shall of course keep you posted, if you'll forgive the pun, turn into the first 'sex friend' relationship I've ever had. I'm not sure I'm ready to give up yet though. As I've said, however, if she wants it, she's got me, no questions asked.

Well, it's Saturday morning, and I need to get a little eq in. I'll prolly post again.

Later,

T.

4 comments:

lady godiva said...

R sounds very interesting...human after all - T? ;-)
and i shall take my no sex strength from your resolve.

(p.s. - i read this shirtless as you requested)

lady godiva said...

you know - you made me think -
it really isn't the sex, you are right
it is the intimacy
that certain feel
it is that - i find it so difficult to do without

T.J. said...

Noticed a couplea typos up there, but in a effort to be less detail oriented, I'm not going to do anything about them.

Sandra Vahtel said...

I have a friend like that too...where the line's blurred between "friend" and "other." we've made out before and hold hands, and there's always much affection. we both have admitted to wanting to have sex with the other, but I think we also realize that the friendship might tank because of it, and that's a chance we're not willing to take, at least not at this point.
but, if he only knew how much I thought about him....