Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Three little words....My Dog Skip.

I'm going to be sooo late this morning, but oh well.

Author's note: this blog was previously recorded for broadcast at a later date.

Nobody that reads this will understadnd the title. Only one person would, and she'll never read this. Some of you may remember a comment recently about the wierd crap that happens to me. Well, since last we talked, it has become one of those days.

It's 5 after 7 as I write this, and I'm watching Monday Night Football (preseason, of course, but still foo'ball), and I'm drafting this longhand. The next bit is going to get a bit convoluted, but stick with it.

I had a bit of a day at work. There are now 2 posts about that, due to factors beyond my control. I'm not going to talk about work in this post, however. This the strangeness post. If you have read the Fucking arrrgh post, you know that I lost a post to the inet powers that be, thus the consternation of the title. So, as I went to post that one, I decided to save it as a draft first.

This turned out to be a good idea. (friend of mine stopped by at this point, so imagine time passing) I then hit publish, and blogger promptly choked on it. Heh. (this is when dinner was ready, so imagine me eating a thick, rare New York, with peas and o rings.)

So, I rebooted. It never ceases to amaze me. No matter how far we come, how advanced our technology gets, sometimes the only way to fix something is to turn the damn thing off and start over. So, the painful reboot finishes, I surf to my dash, ready to publish the draft I'd saved against this event. Imagine my surprize when I see the Post That Never Was on my master list. What the fuck?

I'd hit my 'back' button when blogger was madly refreshing the publish window, and seen a blank form. Now, here it is, along with Fucking arrrgh...I hit the edit button, and there, in all it's glory, was the missing post. Where there had been only one post, there now had to be 3. The original, the remake, and a 3rd chronicling the events. I really have too much free time. Deciding not to press my luck, I 'save as draft' the post that never was, so that I have time to work this post up. It was at this point that blogger graciously decided to post fucking arrrgh. Go figure.

That was it for me. I shut down, and started writing this. Anyhow, a little wierdness I thought I'd share. Ending now to watch Two and a Half Men. This may not get posted Til' Tuesday.

Later,

T.


4 comments:

lady godiva said...

i go away for one day
and you write like mad...
1. i dont like peas.
2. blogger sucks like that sometimes
3. never is a three...T...

T.J. said...

I'm sneaky like that...you need to keep your eye on me.

Heh.

T.

lady godiva said...

you are the best...thanks for visiting mbl...really - i appreciate it.

T.J. said...

Anything for you dear.

T.